We benefit from Northeast Ohio’s beautiful scenery and especially love taking photographs of the amazing lakefront properties in the region.
Have you ever wondered what the top of the Key Bank tower looks like? Thanks to new innovations in technology, it’s been made possible. Quad-copters, or as some call them, “Drones” are answering the prayers of some photographers interested in aerial photography. Unlike flying a manned aircraft, quad-copters are a safe, green-friendly, and an affordable alternative to traditional aerial photography. Drones have been a hot topic amongst the media lately because of the easy access and availability to obtaining your own personal aircraft. Because of this, Cleveland Aerial Media is able to capture some never-before-seen photos of Northeast Ohio, from above.
SEE ALSO: Why YPs Love CLE
You may think flying a UAS (unmanned aircraft) for commercial purposes is illegal, but a recent ruling on March 6th lifted the ban. Drones not only offer amazing images, but can also be utilized as a tool for services such as surveying, crowd control, crop monitoring, and geomorphology. According to Forbes, UAS (unmanned aircrafts) will generate 80 to 90 billion in the first decade of use. Because of this, the technology could bring many jobs to Northeast Ohio such as UAS operators, programmers, or manufacturers.
Why did you choose to open in Northeast Ohio?
We could have been a typical photography business. Branding ourselves with an area that we love gives us the opportunity to share our views with fellow Northeast Ohioans. If you’ve ever had the opportunity to experience Terminal Tower’s observation deck, we’re sure you brought your camera. We’re fortunate enough to see views like that every day, but we’re not going to be selfish about them. We care just as much as you do about our region and feel sharing our photos is part of our commitment to the business.
What is your favorite place in Northeast Ohio to photograph?
My ultimate favorite place to take aerial photos in Northeast Ohio would be the Guardians of Traffic because they resemble hope, and prosperity in Cleveland. They’re more than just statues to me!
What are the benefits of doing business in Northeast Ohio?
A portion of our business involves capturing photos for real estate agents. Aerial photography allows us to capture different types of landscapes such as hills, bodies of water and more. We benefit from Northeast Ohio’s beautiful scenery and especially love taking photographs of the amazing lakefront properties in the region.
How would you categorize Northeast Ohio’s entrepreneurial community?
Northeast Ohio is starting to set a trend for young entrepreneurs specifically when it comes to branding a product with the region, like we did. Some business off the top of my head are Cleveland Clothing Co., Fresh Brewed Tees, and GV Art & Design.
What is your advice for young entrepreneurs?
1) Take risks. Don’t be afraid to go with your instincts. We live by the quote “If you take no risks, you will suffer no defeats. But if you take no risks, you win no victories”(Richard M. Nixon).
2) Network like crazy and have a positive attitude. Most of the time people will do business with you just because they like you.
3) Develop a quality product and have the integrity to back it up before launching. Prematurely releasing an idea can be disastrous. Master what you’re best at, and stick with it. It’s easy to get distracted.
4) Put passion behind your work, and have a clear vision of where you want to be in the future. If you can see yourself in a higher position in the future, it will most likely happen.
5) Stay organized, and constantly record goals and ideas. Keeping a pen and paper handy is vital to jot down the many ideas you will have running through your head.
Michael Hach is the 24-year-old CEO of Cleveland Aerial Media. You can find Cleveland Aerial Media here.
If you are an entrepreneur in Northeast Ohio, we’d love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com and you could become on of our guest bloggers!