Playoff season has got to be one of the most exciting times of the year in Northeast Ohio. With so much goodness coming out of both the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Cleveland Indians, Cleveland makes it so much fun to simply be a fan!
Luckily, there are so many great opportunities to bring my kids along to celebrate playoff season as a family. Yesterday, my family of four went to our first Cavs Fan Fest and Watch Party and had an absolutely awesome time, all while celebrating a big win for the Cavs!
We decided last minute to drive downtown with our 9 year old daughter and 6 year old son and were BLOWN AWAY by how much there was for them to do. We played free games, got airbrushed, ate amazing food, and enjoyed the live music and huge TV screens to watch the game!! I highly recommend this as family event. With all this fun, we were still home by 9:30.
For those who don’t know, here is a summary of what to expect from a Cavs Watch Party:
CAVS FAN FEST presented by Huntington:
Fans with or without a ticket to the game can experience Cavs playoff excitement long before doors open for home games at Quicken Loans Arena. Each home game will feature the popular FREE Cavs Fan Fest presented by Huntington taking place outdoors at Gateway Plaza and along East 6th street.
From the Cavs Playoff Guide:
There is all kinds of fun at the Cavs Fan Fest and Watch Party, proudly supported by FOX Sports Ohio and iHeartMedia Cleveland:
- Style out at the Wine & Gold Nation Street Jam Van to get game day ready with Cavs-inspired hair paint, face paint and airbrush tattoos while enjoying music and games.
- Explore the Cavs Interactive Zone filled with fun games and inflatables.
- Play and participate in 3-on-3 youth basketball games, skills, drills and mini clinics on the Cavs Academy Sport Court.
- Enjoy live music by Northeast Ohio’s most popular bands.
- Watch performances by the Cavalier Girls, Scream Team, C-Town Throwdowns, Q Spirit Squad and QStix.
- Mingle at the exclusive Wine & Gold United members lounge.
- Shop the Cavaliers Team Shop mobile container for the latest official Cavs playoff gear.
- Grab a bite from some of the city’s favorite food trucks on site. Beer and soft drinks will also be available.
- Win great giveaways and prizes… and much more!
We were so happy that we got to participate in such a fun, and Cavs-filled night. We can’t wait for the Cavs to win the Eastern Conference Championship and bring the Finals back to The Land!
My family and I will definitely be at the next party, cheering on our Cavaliers!
About the author: Julie White was born & raised in Cleveland, and now resides in Gates Mills with her husband, Dan, and two kids, Jordyn and Remy. She’s Vice President of Leasing at The King Group by day and a wonderful baby & family photographer by … well also by day at Jules White Photography! She’s passionate about all things #CLE and loves calling it home.